Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Legacy

Jackson playing on Nanny's bed as he often did.
My living tribute to one of the greatest women I've ever known. I got her name tattooed on my arm last August, and she was just thrilled about it.

Jackson and Nanny. The first time she got to meet him. He was 6 months old and she was 87 years.
My Nanny passed away very recently. She was 88 years old. I know that she is in a much better place. Dancing on the streets of gold with Jesus. I am more than happy for her, she's been talking about meeting Jesus for my entire life. But I still feel as if my light has burnt out. We were kindred spirits she and I. I will never forget all that she has taught me about being a woman of God. And I will certainly always remember all of the memories we shared. She was such a remarkable woman, her legacy will live on forever.


2 comments:

And Babies Make 5... said...

She was beautiful, and so are you Em! I know how hard it is to lose such a special person,I felt the same way about my Grandma too. Love & prayers for you and your family during this difficult time!

BrittanyMarie said...

I have been thinking about you so much and I feel sad for you. It's always hard to lose the ones you love especially when you have learned so much from them. Hold onto the good and continue to celebrate with her, she's with Jesus now! : )

"Those who live in the Lord never see each other for the last time."
- Unknown