Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dream a little Dream

I guess being a wife and mom, you kind of forget about yourself. I put myself on the back burner a lot. I take care of myself in between all of the other things I have going on, determined not to be the one that lets herself go. But every once in awhile I get a glimpse of some of the dreams I've had over the years. Just because I am a supportive navy wife, and drop everything to go where Brandon's career takes us, doesn't mean that I can no longer achieve things I want for my life.

For instance, I have always wanted to write a book and have it published. Not for the money aspect of it, but for the sheer joy I get from writing. The only problem is, I don't know where to start. I have lived an ordinary life, or so it may seem. But some would say I see things differently. What one person may consider just a regular day, is an adventure full of surprises and memories for me. Ordinary days have shaped me into the person that I am. Do I start there? From the beginning? Or should I write about my Navy Wife adventures? Places I've lived, experiences that I have had. The only problem with that is, once I became a mom, exciting adventures were few and far between. Not that having a jumping boy full of energy is not an adventure. But who really wants to read a book full stories of laundry and dishes and dirty diapers. We've all been there and know what it's like.

I feel like I need more life experience for me to be able to write the kind of book that I want. However for some reason, I can't stop thinking about my book. So as you can see I am in quite the mental pickle. I have decided that it wouldn't hurt to get started in my book writing process, kind of like a rough draft of ideas. Hopefully soon I will have something more defined than that. But for right now it feels good to follow just one of my many dreams.

No comments: