Friday, November 13, 2009

It Is What It Is

Apparently I have an acrobat for a son. He's a climber. Climbs everything in sight. In fact most of my day is spent making sure that he doesn't bust his little noggin.
See... Here he is thinking he's Batman, gonna scale the side of his bookshelf.
At least he's a happy boy. This is the face I get to look at everyday, brings joy and warmth to my heart. He can light up my face with a smile in no time.
Riding his Tonka Truck around the living room. He watches to make sure that I'm watching him do it, and if by chance I glance away, He says "Mom" over and over again until I watch him ride it again.
Nana sent new Batman jammies. They are cozy and warm and he loves them. But sometimes I swear that when he wears them, he's extra rambunctious, like he is a little Batman.


Deployments. Ehhh...I'm not partial to them. Don't get me wrong, Jackson and I are getting by just fine. We always do. But it certainly is different now that he is older. He misses his Dad and doesn't understand why. He talks about his Daddy all day long, pretends like he's talking to him on his play phone, sings songs about him, and carts around his Daddy Doll room to room. There's just some things mom's can't do ya know. I try my best. I know I'm not his buddy like his Daddy is. I can't help feeling like Brandon is missing out on so much. Just in the last few weeks Jackson has grown so much. He is talking more, walking more, and of course exploring more.

The doctor once told me that I have a "spirited" boy. It's basically like saying he's very active. Jackson does everything to the tenth power. Which certainly makes for a tired Mama at the end of the day. Sometimes I feel like I'm living groundhog day, my days all blend together and are somewhat the same. We have our routine. Jackson is so smart. Smarter than I often give him credit for. Because just when I think I'm safe, he figures out a way to undo what I did, to climb or reach what I thought he couldn't, and to mess up what I've just cleaned up. I must say the age that he is right now is by far my favorite. I get so much enjoyment out of just watching him. What a happy delightful boy, so curious and spirited about everything in his path. I try as hard as I can to just soak up every moment with him.

It's also the most exhausting age. I'm so ready for bed at the end of the day. And doing it alone certainly hasn't made it easier. I want to share this with Brandon. I'm not sure if it's just the weather, or that it's fall, or maybe that I've had a horrible cold, but I seem to just be dragging by. Day after day, oh so tired. There's nothing to do but keep going. It is what it is. For now we wait. Wait until he comes home. And hope that when he gets here, we're not too tired to enjoy it.

4 comments:

And Babies Make 5... said...

If I were going to blog right now,my blog would pretty much say the same exact things..Tytus climbs everything, runs full force into everything, and does everything with extra "spirit" too! Wish you were here, Jackson and Ty would have a blast chasing after each other-such boys! Gotta love 'em. Glad you are doing good :) *hugs*

Tiffany said...

Boys are definitely different from girls :) They are at a fun age right now. Riley tends to be a little more laid back, but that's fun too. We are so blessed!

S. said...

Hi Emily, I found your blog from doing amillion google searches on life in Japan and I was wondering if you could share alittle. My boyfriend got his orders and will be stationed there and wants me to live with him in the fall. From what I read it doesn't seem realistic but if you know some things I don't I would love to hear them! Just anything you could tell me about the moving up there process would be wondeful. Thank you in advance and the pictures are adorable:)

S. said...

Oh thank you so much!
It's samecial@hotmail.com. I'd love to know anything you can tell honestly. Like I said he's going to
be stationed there and I would really like to know what I would have to do to help that process along. Also I heard that there is a university or something on base is that true?
I would have to continue school and that would be great if it were the case lol thank you so much again and I look forward to hearing from you!