Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

Tired from laughing so hard. He had to lay back for a minute, so I caught this quick picture.
Cracking up laughing in his pumpkin outfit.
He hated the hat. He kept taking it off. But all the while laughed and laughed.

Today was Halloween for us in Japan. Jackson is still a little young to go trick or treating. And Brandon isn't home to enjoy it with us anyways. But I still wanted to dress him up and take a few pictures while he played today. Brandon and I were both pumpkins for Halloween when we were kids, so this outfit was quite fitting. We ended up staying home all day. It seems like everyone in Sasebo is sick, and going out to the harvest party on base to be stuck in the gym full of sweaty coughing kids didn't sound like fun at all. So we made our own fun instead. I dressed him up in his outfit and he couldn't stop laughing. He laughed the entire time, I guess he thought it was silly. He played for a long time while he drug his big pumpkin belly around the house with him. I made Jackson and I a great dinner, chicken enchiladas. And we split a baked cinnamon apple for dessert. We colored with markers, which is always a treat for him. He colored a pumpkin picture we got at the grocery store. He had a super fun bubble bath tonight and played with his boats. And then after he put on his jammies, we read his favorite book before bed. Might seem uneventful for most folks, but we tried to make it our own and it turned out to be a great day. Hope you all have a great harvest party yourselves.

1 comment:

And Babies Make 5... said...

Oh my goodness,he is the cutest pumpkin ever! It sounds like you had a fun day! We will probably be staying home too since Ty is sick. I will still let him play in his costume though,he loves it.