Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cookin' up a Storm

Asian Steak Skewers with Lemon Poppy Seed Coleslaw. Delish!

Brandon has been on somewhat of a diet the last several weeks. We've both been rather careful of what we're eating. I have lost about 80 pounds over the last several months. But after being on a ship and eating ship food for so long, we needed to overhaul his eating. I didn't want it to feel like we were dieting. So I set out to cook a new healthy meal every night that didn't skimp on taste or flavor. I scoured cookbooks and the Internet creating menus for each week and bought fresh produce as often as I could. I've been quite successful in my cooking adventure. Brandon dropped 20 pounds this month. He looks and feels great. I'd like to think that my fantastic cooking had something to do with it. I took a few pictures of meals I created and thought I'd share them.
Citrus Fire Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks with an Avocado and Citrus Relish. Steamed Cauliflower with Parmesan. Steamed Prawns with Coastline Dipping Sauce.

3 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Asian marinade recipe please.. also what cut of beef? Way to go Em!

Emily P. said...

I used tenderloin steaks cut into cubes, but also like t-bone tails. I use mr yoshidas sweet and savory (about 3/4 cup) mixed with some olive oil (about 1/3 cup) You could also use sesame oil. I also season my meat with salt and pepper and rub it with minced garlic from the jar. Then I marinate the meat in the sauce for a few hours. I sometimes sprinkle sesame seeds on it. Then grill it on the BBQ when I'm ready to make dinner. It's sooo yummy. Enjoy!

The Gardner Family said...

I do enjoy Mr Yoshida's but have just really used the gourmet sauce (to die for). Will have to try this one out, sounds delish! Thanks!